Turns out that there were tons of videos out there. I ended up choosing a beginner’s kettlebell routine from Fitness Blender. I got through my first KB session unscathed, my floor not so much but I really enjoyed the routine and have completed many others since. I return to Fitness Blender time and again for the following reasons:
- The workout routines are filmed against a white background so that the viewer can see all the moves in plain view. Also there are no distracting boob shots or butt shots, just the instructor(s) puttin in work.
- The start of each routine provides a text outline of what it entails, so you can get your mind right from the beginning on what you’re about to do.
- The routines are free of music, you get only the instructor(s) doing the workout with narration. I don’t even miss the music.
- There is a plethora of workouts to choose from. HIIT, cardio, kettlebell, weights etc all at different lengths and for different fitness levels. The 1-5 intensity scale, caloric burn estimate and other descriptors clearly identify the level of difficulty.
- No rah rah. I’m not really here for all the “come on give me 5 more you can do ittttt” cheerleading. A simple count down of reps or a timer suit me just fine, which is what Fitness Blender does.
- It costs nothing, just the cost of whatever you’re paying for the internet.
and… last but not least… the instructors.
Fitness Blender consists of the husband and wife team of Daniel and Kelli. Daniel performs the narration on the videos, Kelli, Daniel or both do the workouts. They’re both trained professionals who are experienced in the health and fitness industry. You can learn more about them and additional programs that are offered on their website.
Fitness Blender for me is THE best bang for the buck (or no bucks). The variety of workouts available ensures that you won’t ever get bored, and the simplicity of their production allows you to focus on form instead of being distracted by everything else. Next time you skip the gym give Fitness Blender a whirl. You’ll be glad you did.
Until next time, see you at the virtual gym.